Journal Writing In this article ridwan institute will discuss about how to write a good and correct research journal for students in compiling a journal, journal is as one of the requirements of graduation of students / lecturers in their studies or careers.
Jurnal is a Periodic Publication in the form of articles published periodically, (depending on the publisher The frequency of publications in a year how many times published) usually journals published at least 1 year 2 times and there is also a monthly publish.
In addition, each published journal can not be separated from several different rules or regulations, depending on the publisher’s wishes. This time, the author hopes to try to share knowledge about the methods and procedures of journaling. Before we go further discuss about the creation of a good and correct journal following we know first.
What’s the journal writing?
In addition, the article is a framework explanation that discusses a particular theme. or it can be about the results of research or literature studies. and Article writing is intended to convey the author’s thoughts on the reality, facts and concepts encountered by the author in the field. Article length between 3,500 and 7,000 words (including abstracts and bibliography). (wikipedia)
Purpose of Journal writing
The purpose of creating a journal article, as follows:
- Indeed To convey the idea, and submitted to the publisher of the journal.
- Further Discussed in a scientific meeting (seminar or workshop).
- In addition, the report of the results of a study.
- Moreover, Fulfilling the final task of the course.
- Besides, it’s a race.
Steps – Scientific journal writing steps
- Specify the theme you want to write.
- Look for the problem or uniqueness of the theme you have chosen.
- Write the journal of the article.
- Formulate some of your article’s core ideas in the form of problem formulations.
- Look for references from cutting-edge journals (maximum 5 years old).
- Theme development is strengthened by accurate reference and field data.
- Analyze the field data and references you wrote down.
- Draw conclusions from the articles you write.
The correct composition of scientific article writing:
- Abstract keywords
- Methodology 5. Theory of Study
- Results And Discussion
- Closing (Conclusion &Suggestion)
Here’s an explanation of the sections
scientific journal writing :
Journal authors consist of:
- Title (5 to 12 words), and create an interesting and attractive title.
- The name of the author without an academic degree.
- Afaliasi or Institute of Writers.
- Email address or email address.
Journal Writing Consists of Abstracts and Keywords
- In the abstract journal covers the problem. the urgency of the author, methodology, research, results and suggestions obtained by the author.
- Abstracts use short solid language, and to the pint.
- Standard Abstract length between 100-250 words.
- Line spacing 1 space.
- Suggestions, write abstracts in the last session after your article is finished. So, you will have no trouble creating such abstracts.
- Keywords consist of 3 to 5 words or phrases.
- Specifically raise the theme that covers the background in the introduction.
- Present a review of the previous literature that has (relevance) with the theme in the form of a description to show the novelty of the writing.
- Address the Problem, as well as the hypotheticals of the paper.
- The introductory writing should not be too long, but it is able to deliver the reader to the writing that will be presented.
- The flow of thinking in the introduction is from general to specific or more specific.
- List at the end of the introduction to the purpose of the article, Write the destination author with clear language using verbs. and able to explain the results of the article.
- In writing scientific articles, definitely use certain methods. the author presents especially in obtaining research data to solve problems.
- Use relevant qualitative, quantitative, survey and literature studies etc.
- Use in detail the methodology to:
- Present research that serves as a guide in achieving research objectives, so as to answer questions.
- Perform exposure in collecting data, conducting sampling techniques, as well as determining instruments for data collection
- To test the validity of the data source both validation and reliability. Present data to avoid the appearance of multi-interpretation.
- Present articles from the data in this methodology representing an overview of the process of processing and analysis of data, so that it appears kriteia and indicators.
Theory of Study
- Theory is a device of questions related to each other, which is arranged in such a way that it gives a functional meaning to a series of events, especially the theory related to the theme presented by the author.
- The function of theory is to help researchers in analyzing data to create a brief summary or synopsis, so as to advise the next researcher to try something new.
- Tell us, elaboration of researchers on the theory that can give birth to a new theory in accordance with the results of the author’s research.
Results and Discussion
- Write down the results of the meeting from the field, then continue with the analysis and discussion of the findings of the data. The results must answer questions from the problem formulation as well as hypotheses in the introduction.
- In detail, the results and discussion of the article include the following:
– Present the purpose of writing in writing systematics.
– Complete the Discussion with tables or images.
– Describe the analysis of each data by the author in this chapter.
- How to discuss the findings of data using systematics of the flow of thinking from specific to general (from specific to general), the opposite of the Introduction flow.
- Convey the limitations of researchers in conducting data collection and data analysis, and connect with other literature.
Closing (Conclusions and Suggestions)
- Even at the close consists of conclusions and suggestions. what else the Author presents conclusions should be able to answer the hypotheses and formulations of the author’s problems.
- Then the conclusion should not repeat the editorial in the results and discussion section. Thus, the conclusion contains a summary of the findings of the authors who are able to answer the hypothesis of the study. Then proceed with writing down the author’s suggestions.
- The criteria for a good conclusion are:
Not just a summary of the article, but the answer to the hypothesis presented.
- List important findings that can be highlighted.
- Able to convince the reader, will the findings of the author.
- The findings can be expressed quantitatively or percentage
- Nor should all of these articles attach a list of references to the bibliography
- All library lists listed should come from primary sources.
- The primary source criteria are:
– Jurnal ilmiah minimum 80% dari keseluruhan daftar Pustaka.
– Jurnal dan buku terbitan 10 tahun terakhir.
– Setiap artikel minimal berisi 10 daftar Pustaka acuan.
Also read articles how to publish journals